Relaxation Ritual Deux

(image via Pinterest)
Hi everyone! I know I've been gone a bit longer than I initially said I would, but after a rescheduled exam and more coursework than I anticipated, holding off on posting any new content seemed like the best option. However, last week was my spring break and it was so refreshing. It was nice to have time to recuperate my mind after what has been quite the stressful semester thus far.



I don't feel like there is a true formula for relaxation. It varies from person to person. As for my week, there was a lot of hanging out with my mom, a trip to the day spa, and a bit of shopping.

Treat yourself

I love facials, but I haven't had the opportunity to get one in over three years. I finally went for one last week and it was heavenly. An hour of the most lush skincare products, head and shoulder massages, and completely clearing my mind was exactly what I needed. I think I would be the most chilled out person on the planet if I could find an excuse to pencil-in a weekly facial.

A little retail therapy

You might be surprised to learn that I'm not a huge shopper. I only like going to the shops if I know exactly what I need to buy. I don't have the patience for browsing and large crowds tend to stress me out so malls can feel like a nightmare to me. However, I occasionally find shopping to be quite enjoyable if I'm not rushed or trying to work around other peoples' schedules. There were a few items on my wishlist that I was keen on purchasing so I decided to pop down to the mall when it wasn't super crowded and it was actually really nice. I got to have some me-time and buy some products that I'm excited about! 

Lunch with a pal

I live with my sister and two of our best friends so it's not as if I don't spend time with friends even when uni gets rather hectic, but it is nice to get away from campus occasionally and have lunch with a pal I don't get to see as often. My best friend from high school and I decided to set aside a few hours to try out a new restaurant that I've heard people raving about. We had so much fun catching up without having to worry about assignment deadlines or rushing to finish up before work begins.

I often feel like there aren't enough hours in the day so it was amazing to not have to put a timeline on my relaxation. This break was exactly what I needed to fully relax before finals begin.

What's your favourite relaxation ritual? For those of you who've just had Spring break, did you do anything fun? Let me know in the comments!

Sarah xx

No comments:

Post a Comment