A few of my favourite things - November 2014


I plan on doing a favourite things post pretty regularly - hopefully once a month. This month's is later than future posts will be, but I hope you enjoy it nevertheless!



My current favourite fragrance is Burberry Brit Eau De Toilette. I went for the toilette as opposed to the parfum because I get terrible headaches from certain scents. As much as I love how this smells I wanted something light until I could determine if this was a fragrance for me. I really, really love this scent because it is sweet, but not overly so, and has a great depth even though it's such a light fragrance. The warmth from mahogany, amber, and vanilla bean makes it fantastic for the season. If you're looking to buy a designer fragrance for the first time or want something light I would definitely recommend this one.


Also in the fragrance department is my favourite candle of all time. Yes, that did need bold and italics. This candle is by Diptyque Paris in the scent Cannelle. The main ingredient is cinnamon and while it doesn't smell like a cinnamon stick, it does have the same warmth and spiciness. I find it so comforting and the perfect compliment to burrowing under your duvet during the colder months. I have gone through so many candles in this scent since discovering it while I was living in London. I can't get enough.


I want to shout from the rooftops because I've finally found a foundation that matches my skin tone!! This is monumental because I am quite fair with pink undertones so it has always been a challenge finding something that blends and won't turn me yellow. I recently popped into Sephora and decided to have them try to match me with their Pantone Colour IQ. According to the girl who helped me I was the first person with pink undertones that she had ever matched and one of the few that has ever come into the store. That explained why it's so difficult for me to find anything.

She ended up matching me with YSL Fusion Ink Foundation in BD40 Warm Sand. This is Yves Saint Laurent's new foundation and I am obsessed! It's a liquid with buildable coverage that NEVER looks cakey. In the past I've found that some liquid foundations stick to my skin the second it touches my face and refuse to spread. This foundation applies easily and feels like your own skin once it has set. I have a feeling this is going to be my go-to for years to come.


Right now I am loving Smashbox's Baked Fusion Soft Lights in Baked Starburst. I received this as a sample from Ulta and was skeptical to use it as first. I usually try to stay away from bronzers since, as I said before, I'm pretty pale so I want to avoid looking orange or fake baked at all costs. However, this bronzer can double as a blush and it's not super pigmented. It gives me just enough colour and shimmer to add definition and my skin look healthy and glowing. I will absolutely buy the full size palate once my sample runs out!


Another sample I recently found myself loving is Lancome's Hypnose Drama Instant Full Body Volume Mascara in Excessive Black. Is that a mouthful or what? For me, no makeup look is complete without full, thick, black lashes and this mascara gets the job done. I've always been a fan of Lancome mascaras, but I also switch brands often trying to find the perfect one. The mascara hits the mark as it is deeply pigmented and the S-shaped brush helps to coat every single lash. I usually have to apply at least two coats - sometimes three of four - to get my lashes just right, but this mascara achieves it in only one!


My favourite record at the moment is "Jealous" by Labrinth which I first heard him perform on this past Sunday's X Factor results show. It's a beautifully sad song featuring lyrics like, I'm jealous of the rain that falls upon your skin. I love Lab's voice and his upbeat tunes are always instantly added to my playlists, but the slow, desperate melody of this song has completely hooked me.


There you have it; my current favourites for November! As always, please get in touch with me with any questions or comments about any of the products I mentioned. I love feedback!

Sarah xx

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment