Product Review: Lorac PRO Palette


Hi pals! Sorry I didn't update on Saturday; my sister hosted her second annual Friendsgiving so I was busy helping her prepare for that. I've also been trying to make the most of my time at home with my family before I have to go back to uni.

I've recently been on the hunt for a new eye shadow palette. I'm a big fan of matte neutrals that I can use for a casual everyday look, but I found that all of the super popular palettes are mostly made up of shimmery, dark colours. I own a few of those palettes and adore them, but I feel like they're mainly suited for a night out or the occasional dramatic smokey eye. Since I knew Black Friday was coming up and most stores have unbelievable deals I figured it was time to do a bit of research to find a great palette that I could hopefully get without breaking the bank. After looking around I decided that the palette that best fit my needs was the Lorac PRO Palette.



Tip: I think the best way to compare products and find one that is best for you is by looking at the your favourite makeup retailers' websites, sorting products by 'popular' or 'top rated,' and reading reviews! Once you've narrowed it down to a few products you can go view them in person without being overwhelmed by the multitude of options presented to you.


This was a fantastic purchase as it only cost $42 for sixteen amazing shades. Funnily enough, even though I was looking for matte colours, I think my favourite is 'garnet' which is this wonderful copper shade that will look gorgeous on any skintone. The main problem I have with shimmery shades is I always end up with glitter all over my face. The shadows never seem to stick to my eyelids even if I use a primer. However, I haven't encountered that with this palette. These colours really seem to stay in place and the shimmery tones have fantastic definition.


All of the shades in this palette are super pigmented. I don't have to load up my brushes with an excess of shadow for a good result, which is wonderful as that means I am going through less product on each use! They are also easily blendable. By no means am I a makeup artistry guru. I am constantly learning and have to be extremely patient when trying new looks. However, the pigmentation along with the blendability of these shadows make it really simple to be precise while still allowing for soft, subtle lines.

(photo via LORAC)
Since this palette boasts a variety of shades it's a great one-stop product with which you really can achieve almost any look. If you're looking for a new eye shadow palette I would definitely recommend this one. Also don't forget that the holidays are coming up! You could always consider picking this up as a gift for a makeup-loving friend!

As always, questions and comments are welcome and much appreciated!

Sarah xx

ps I hope all of my fellow Americans had a very happy Thanksgiving!




No comments:

Post a Comment