Why I Love...Nail Art

One of my favourite fashion statements in the world is nail art. It's such a fun way to express yourself and can be quite inexpensive if you've got a steady hand and an arsenal of nail varnishes! I'm so committed to nail art that one of my friends recently said the only colour I ever wear on a regular basis is on my nails.

Designs can vary in style from elegant to funky, geometric to cartoons - the possibilities are endless. Below are some of my favourite designs to have ever graced my fingertips!











See anything you like? All of these designs with the exception of two were done by my incredibly talented friend Keshia (@yo_keshh on Instagram) at WAH Nails in London. My favourite nails we've ever done together were my emoji nails, but my Grinch and Karl Lagerfeld/Spongebob sets blow my mind as well.

If you don't have long claws like mine, don't fret! Nail art isn't limited to crazy acrylics. Most designs can be done on natural nails as well. Also, if you don't have someone near you that can do fancy designs (a dilemma I face when I'm in the States), there are alternative options! The first is nail skins which are like little stickers that can be shaped to fit your nail. Many different companies make them and they can last up to two weeks! Another option is press-on nails. However, these aren't like the ones you used when you were a little kid. Today's press on-nails look just as good as acrylic extensions and actually have longevity. My favourite brands are Elegant Touch (specifically their House of Holland line) and, of course, WAH London.

I think nail designs are something that anyone can pull off and really help add a bit more personality to your everyday look. Let me know in the comments which of these designs is your favourite! I'd also love to see some of your nail art or designs you've been wanting to get. For now, I'm going to leave you with the Instagrams of some of my favourite nail artists. 

Sarah xx



No comments:

Post a Comment