Product Review: Avene Antirougeurs Fort Relief Concentrate

Hi everybody! I hope you're all enjoying your weekend thus far. Today I wanted to do a quick review of a product I've been using recently, Avene Antirougeurs Fort Relief Concentrate ($48/£23).




My obsession with skincare is at an all-time high and something that has bothered me for years and years is the redness on my cheeks. My grandmother, among other people, has always commented about how lucky I am that I have a natural flush to my cheeks so I don't have to wear blusher. I have to disagree with her. This redness takes up the both sides of my face from my jawline to the top of the apples of my cheeks and is incredibly bright. It can usually be seen through my foundation and the irregular shape looks nothing like the flush I would get from applying blusher.

I've tried to conceal it with the likes of green-tinted primers or full-coverage foundations, but I've never been satisfied. It's also gotten worse as I've gotten older. While I've not been formally diagnosed with rosacea, I have noticed many of the same symptoms recently. I figured it was time to find a solution. I knew going to the dermatologist would more than likely end up costing me an arm and a leg so I decided to do some research on over-the-counter solutions.

The reviews for this product were a mixed bag. The majority of people either loved it or hated it, while some people really liked it's moisturising properties but didn't see a reduction in their redness. I decided to give it a shot since I trust Avene and it's much cheaper than many other rosacea products on the market.

I've been using the Antirougeurs Fort for about a month now and I definitely have seen results. I have found that just under a pea sized amount per cheek is more than enough. While my redness isn't completely gone, it has reduced significantly. The little concentrated spots of redness that would occasionally feel raised have also gone down and aren't as noticeable. I can finally wear foundation without having to cake it on to even out my skin tone! This concentrate is also incredibly moisturizing which is a massive bonus for me.

I'm going to give this product an 8 out of 10. Hopefully I will see the redness dissipate with continued use, but I love the results I've seen thus far. I knew there wouldn't be overnight results, but I'm crossing my fingers that it doesn't plateau. I really do love this product so that would be such a letdown.

Have you ever tried the Avene Antirougeurs Fort? If not and you suffer from rosacea, what are your favourite anti-redness products? Questions and comments are welcome as always!

Sarah xx

No comments:

Post a Comment