Relaxation Ritual

We all need to take a day to relax and treat ourselves now and then. Whether that is going to the cinema to see that film you've been wanting to see, catching up with your friends at your favourite wine bar, or hanging around the house in sweats all day - it's important to have these days. Personally, I subscribe to the latter option.


These past three weeks at uni have been quite trying. While I had days off, I could never fully chill out. Upcoming exams, due dates, and how early I had to wake up the following morning were always in the forefront of my thoughts. It's not easy for me to turn my mind off so even if I am relaxing, I'm not actually relaxing. Luckily, other than a few small assignments, I have nothing important to stress about this week.

I decided to use this weekend to my advantage and have two days of complete relaxation. No worries about uni - just my comfiest clothes to lounge around in, catching up on House of Cards, the March issues of my favourite magazines, and finally getting around to the treatment my hair has so desperately needed but I can't find time for during the week.

I think it's so crucial to take these days for ourselves. It's incredibly easy to get caught up in life and barely have time to sit down and take a deep breath. We obviously can't ignore responsibilities such as university or a job, but having a day or two to renew your mind is sure to improve the quality of the work you do.

What's your relaxation ritual? Let me know in the comments!

Sarah xx

*Products seen above are Bleach London Reincarnation Mask (£6), Origins Clear Improvement charcoal mask ($25), and Paddywax Apothecary Tobacco & Patchouli candle ($20)

No comments:

Post a Comment