A Few of My Favourite Things - February 2015


Hiya! I can't believe we're in March already. It's warming up here in Louisiana and pretty soon we'll have full-fledged Springtime on our hands. I'm definitely more of a winter girl, but Spring has some of my favourite things to offer like Spring break (duh), Creme Eggs, and picnics.



Speaking of favourite things, I want to share with you some of the things that I was all about this past month. There were actually quite a few things I loved in February, but I plan on talking about some of them in later posts.

WAH LONDON I'm Real

This is my current favourite nail varnish. If I don't have art on my nails, chances are they're either black or nude. I figured I'd go with a nude at my most recent appointment since it's getting warmer. This is such a lovely neutral and the polish is extremely pigmented - enough so that I think you could get away with one coat in a pinch. It's such a shame that these polished aren't available for purchase in the US otherwise I would own them in every colour.

Clarisonic Deep Pore Cleansing Brush Head

I recently bought this brush head as a replacement for the one that I've been using for much longer than these heads are meant to be used. It's really important to replace them every three months since not only do they begin to lose their effectiveness, but bacteria also begins to build up in the bristles and can be detrimental to the health of your skin. Basically the same as a toothbrush. I love this particular brush head so much. It's definitely my favourite of all the ones Clarisonic offers. It cleanses so well that my face is visibly brighter and smoother. It's gotten me more hooked on my Clarisonic than I already was. 

Clarins Vital Light Night Comfort Cream (for dry skin)

I had been noticing that my usual night cream wasn't heavy enough. I don't know if it was because of the changing weather or that my skin is changing, but it just wasn't making the cut. I love every Clarins product I've ever used and knew I needed to try this moisturizer when I saw how highly rated it was. It does have a bit of a perfumey fragrance which I'm not a huge fan of, but it can't be faulted otherwise. It comes out of the pot quite thick, spreads easily, and then thins out with your body heat to really penetrate your skin. In particular, I've seen a big difference in the skin on my chin and around my nose. I'm so glad I found this as an alternative to my lighter night cream.

Simple Cleansing Micellar Water

I hopped on the micellar water train extremely late. I've been hearing about it for a few years now, but didn't think it needed to be included in my beauty essentials. Well I'm sold after trying Simple's take on the French cult classic. I've never tried a more expensive brand, but this one would be hard to beat at $7.99 (or £4.49 from Boots).  It removes makeup like a dream and cleanses skin without drying it out. I will say, however, I'm not sure if it's a one-stop cleanser. I think it's great in a rush out the door in the morning or as a makeup remover, but I think a wash with a tried and true cleanser is also essential. Micellar water has now become a staple in my skincare routine and I am so pleased that Simple has introduced this affordable option that can be found in any drugstore.

RMK Cleansing Balm

My introduction to cleansing balm is very similar to my introduction to micellar water. I had never tried one prior to this month and now I'm hooked. This balm is so luxurious and a little goes a long way. It's also pretty moisturizing unlike many other cleansers out there. It felt so nice that I wanted to keep massaging it into my skin. It washes off easily with lukewarm water and leaves skin feeling soft and super clean. 

Kerastase Touche Perfection

I'm sure by now you all know my love for Kerastase products. They have had a massive hand in healing my hair and keeping it looking as good as it possibly can on a daily basis. I try not to wash my hair too often as I don't want to dry it out more than necessary. While I have my go-to dry shampoos to help my roots out in between washes, my lengths needed a bit of love. I have naturally dry hair so if I go too long without conditioning they start to feel very brittle. That's where Touch Perfection comes in. I apply it throughout my lengths anytime my hair is feeling a bit thirsty and it immediately restores luster and moisture without making my hair look greasy. It's really great to throw in your handbag for on the go touch ups.

What were you loving last month? Were any of these products on your list? As always, I'd love to hear any questions, comments, or recommendations you may have in the comments!

Sarah xx

No comments:

Post a Comment