A Few of My Favourite Things - December 2014


Hi everyone! I apologise for not posting on Saturday like usual. The holidays are in full swing and that means things are getting busy. But don't worry, I am back this week with my favourite things for this month!



My first fave isn't a fashion or beauty product, but rather a book! I love reading and I'm trying to get as much of it in as I can while I'm on break from uni. I recently went to the bookstore looking for Christmas gifts and stumbled upon Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell. This YA fiction novel published last year is so relatable as everyone (myself included) seems to be a superfan of something these days. I enjoyed it so much that I read it cover to cover in two days.



Everyone loves Smashbox's Photo Finish primers. I've used them for ages and my favourite of all is their Color Correcting Foundation Primer in Adjust. This one is green so it aids in counteracting redness which is fantastic for this time of year as everyone's cheeks and noses turn red from the cold. It's incredibly light-weight and goes on so smoothly helping foundation look flawless.



I recently featured Givenchy's Ombre Couture Cream Eyeshadow in my Sephora Holiday Faves post, but I need to talk about it again because I am obsessed. This is an absolute must-have. I have it in the color Rose Dentelle which is the most gorgeous shade and looks amazing on its own or as a base under other shadows. It pairs beautifully with champagne and garnet shades. The shadow glides on as a cream but dries as a powder, and they mean it when they say it's long-wear. It doesn't budge one bit. I need this in every shade!




Everyone has an obsession with eyebrows these days and I am no exception. I have very light, thin eyebrows with no shape so it takes a lot of upkeep for them to look nice. I get my brows shaped and tinted regularly, but the dye fades really quickly so I'm once again left with almost nonexistent eyebrows. Seriously, I sometimes look like one of those models who bleaches her brows for Vogue. In comes Benefit's Gimme Brow. It comes in two shades and adds colour and volume to brows. It had a little spooly on the end which ensures even application. I rarely leave the house without this on my brows. It's a lifesaver.




Another favourite Benefit product of mine is High Beam. This liquid luminizer ensures that my skin always looks fresh and awake. It mixes easily with liquid foundation to apply all over the face or blends smoothly over cheek bones for a more defined appearance. Benefit also makes Sun Beam which is better suited for golden skin tones. I love the High Beam because it goes on translucent and doesn't add any pigment to skin making it perfect for any time of year!



Winter is the worst time for my hair. I constantly have to keep it moisturized for it to be in good condition. Additionally, I've been bleaching it for nearly ten years and I recently had a really bad experience with a new stylist, so it's not in the best shape it could be. One of the hair products that I swear by is Kerastase's Elixir Ultime in Moringa Immortel. I put this oil in my hair after every wash and any time my hair is feeling the tiniest bit brittle. It's lightweight so my hair never feels weighed down and or greasy. It delivers so many nutrients, increases shine, and protects. I will never go without this.




On the subject of hair products, my favourite moisturizing conditioner of all time is Shu Uemera's Silk Bloom Restorative Conditioner. I alternate this with my conditioner for damaged hair to give it the most protection, strength, and flexibility. My hair never feels softer or smoother than after using this conditioner.




Lush is my absolute favourite when it comes to making my baths feel a bit more special, and their holiday products are no exception! These are always worth the yearlong wait. Pictured below are CindersHolly Golightly, and Luxury Lush Pud.




Have you ever used any of these products? Let me know! If you have any questions or comments about anything mentioned here please feel free to drop me a line!

Sarah xx

No comments:

Post a Comment