Merry Christmas!

Hi everyone! Christmas is upon us and as today is Christmas Eve I wanted to do a little post in the spirit of the holiday! As I write this I'm watching It's A Wonderful Life which has become such an integral part of the season for so many people since it came out in the 1940's.

(image via Pinterest)

Everybody who celebrates has their own traditions on Christmas. These could be things passed down through generations or something you experienced in another country that you decided to bring back home. What's most important is that everyone is happy and enjoys their day with whomever they choose to celebrate.

In my family we have a pretty traditional Christmas Eve and Day, but with a bit of a Louisiana twist. My mom cooks chicken and sausage gumbo for my immediate family on Christmas Eve, we all open one gift after dinner, watch my favourite film Love Actually before bed, then turn in. In the morning we open any remaining gifts and head off to extended family's house.

Last year I spent Christmas alone in London and while it wasn't horrible or terribly lonely, it did make me appreciate my family and our traditions so much more.

What are your favourite Christmas traditions? Have you ever spent the holiday with another family or friends and wanted to integrate those traditions into your celebrations? I would love to hear about them!

I hope everyone has an amazing holiday season, whatever you celebrate!

Sarah xx

p.s. I have decided to try to post once or twice while I am in London. I will not have my computer with me, but I'm hoping to occasionally have access to one. Please bear with me during this time. I hope you all have a very happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment